I started to create a series of posters minimal, with the intention to communicate a single concept at a time, stripped of all decorative or technical complexity and aesthetic satisfaction of all superfluous.
The concepts that I try to express here are linked to Taoist philosophy, because they are well suited for the feature "simplicity" almost austere nature of the search back to the primary method of communication rather than other non-verbal and bare of tinsel .
And actually if we look at the figuativa original works of art in ancient China, they are especially loaded with fine details and very precise, and are far that minimal, to that effect. But their essence is not what is meant today when we talk about "design".
The Taoist philosophy which I associate myself here is that following the study
XiuZhenDao
method, for which I work, among other things, the web part. More or less the same days when I started this series, I found
powertotheposter.org (after having seen the very interesting documentary The Corporation
), and some of the jobs that are there have a concept behind of similar design.
For example, I converted a poster displayed therein
to express one of the most famous phrases of the Tao Te Ching:
The One gave birth to the Two, Three
the two generations, the Three
fathered the ten thousand creatures.
Tao Te Ching,
XLII
In my poster, the One is the white sheet, which divides the two, Yin and Yang, in their report that determines the three (represented by the wavy line that separates and unites them). The "ten thousand creatures", that is the essence of the manifested world, are the countless arrows, projected in all directions.
This links to the various cosmogonic myths, such as Prajapati who is torn to pieces and threw in every direction space, and in this case to the Chinese legend that says that the men were shaped by a pair of different colored sands of the Yellow River.
This poster is inevitably the first of the series.
Another tries to express the balance of a man who has joined with the harmony of nature, and portrays a character who sits quietly at the top of a mountain, regardless of the threatening clouds above him and below the ocean, which threatens to swallow.
As evidence of its balance, the fact that man is in the center, halfway between heaven and earth (as required by the Great Triad) to its natural place.One of the most important concepts of Taoism is "empty": a poster tries to convey this concept using the famous metaphor of the cup, until it is empty can receive the tea. I refer here to the popular story of the Zen Master and man of science, which, not coincidentally, is also the first "101 Zen stories"
Nan-in, a Japanese master of the Meiji era (1868 -1912), was visited by a university professor who had come to him for questioning about Zen.
Nan-in served tea. He filled the cup of his host, and then continued to pour. The professor looked
spill the tea, then he could no longer contain himself. "It's filled. N'entra not there anymore! "
" Like this cup, "Nan-in said," you are as full of your opinions and conjecture. How can I explain the Zen unless you first empty your cup? "
101 Zen Stories, a
, ed. Piccola Biblioteca Adelphi
In this poster I picture my little teierina pot (the one I use for pu-erh tea pressed). All these posters, except the first, are hand-drawn, scanned, and then reassembled and "ink" digitally. To recreate the effect of inaccurate manual inking in Photoshop, I created the contours of the selections to color and then I edited with the command "refine edge" (alt + cmd + R) using the maximum values \u200b\u200bof cannot and expansion of the board.
0 comments:
Post a Comment